Friday 3 April 2009

Thurs. 2nd Apr. 2009 'Keeping Warm'

Well, I discovered today that being ill is expensive. I suppose it shouldn't have been a surprise to me when I discovered our 'British Gas' bill of over £400 (Jan - Mar). Since Christmas I have struggled with the effects of the chemotherapy and one of those effects is numbness to extremities, in particular my feet and legs. It also means that I feel generally cold and this is exacerbated by my cold bald head.

So, the heating has been switched off and I'm wearing thick pullies and actively looking for alternatives for next winter, a log burning stove or something. After getting over the above shock I felt it was time to get out for a few hours, so we went to see 'Slum Dog Millionaire' and thoroughly enjoyed it, not what I expected at all, superb music too.