Sunday 12 April 2009

Sun. 12th Apr. 2009 'That's what friends are for'


What a great weekend I've had. Yesterday Joan and Gerry came over and it was so nice to see them, have a hug and catch up face to face. It's the first time we've seen them since Boxing Day and it was just great. I think my bacon and egg pie went down a treat with Jamie's rice salad and Joan brought some home made raspberry and blueberry buns. They were a New Zealand recipe and very yummy! Just what a recovering chemotherapy patient needed.

Today, my friend and colleague Anne came over from Middlesbrough where she's been visiting relatives. The last time I saw Anne was at our Team Meeting back in September. I was feeling so positive and enthusiastic about work at that time, little did I know what was to come. Anyway, we had a great time catching up over lunch (Jamie's mini pasta with bacon & peas, followed by rhubarb pie). My Son Joseph came over too, so it was a really good day. Anne reluctantly agreed to the blog picture above and I think it's great. I feel I should say a special thank you to Anne for keeping up our weekly 'natter'- don't worry Anne just keep 'winging it'!



Thanks to everyone