Friday 29 January 2010

Frid. 28th Jan. 2010 'Herceptin No 13'


I was up early and logged on so that I could keep work e-mails to a minimum and keep things ticking over while I waited for the nurse to arrive. I still get really nervous about the treatment, or should I say the actual cannulation. I'm sure I've developed a real aversion to needles, which is probably not surprising really.

Anyway, the good news is this is my thirteenth treatment, which means I have only five left (we think), so fifteen weeks more. I'm hoping the last one will be just before our trip to Skye as that would be a great way to celebrate.

Andrew seems to be my regular nurse and I've grown to like him. I think his cannulation skills have definitely improved and having really warmed up my arm and hand to encourage a suitable vein, he hit the target first time. I only had to curl my toes slightly! We laughed because he secured the cannula with a paediatric dressing - so cute!