Sunday 30 November 2008

Lake District - 24th - 26th Nov.

It's difficult writing a 'blog', much harder than I expected, mainly because I wake up in the night and worry that I haven't mentioned someone, or that others may be upset if I don't. Well, Joan and Gerry do deserve a special thanks, not only because they are a super couple, down to earth, very caring and easy to be with, but also because they really pulled out the stops for us during this week. 'A visit, no problem' said Joan, 'even if I have to re-arrange someone else'.

Joan & Gerry live just outside Keswick, overlooking Blencathra, how lucky is that. More to the point, how lucky were we to be able to spend a couple of days with them. Joan's cooking is perrrfect! Gerry is great fun and loves a discussion on current affairs. Fortunately me and Joan love the 'Dancing' programmes and the 'property programmes' so that was our evenings planned. We did however spend time in Keswick sampling the pretty shops as well as the charity shops, where Graham bought a super CD, only to discover the disc was missing when we got back that night (a cause of great hilarity). On Tuesday morning, the sun was bright and every peak was visible for miles as we tootled off to Kendall for the day. It was brilliant and we had some quality shopping time, lunch at Booth's and plenty of laughs. I was really sad to leave on Wednesday, but it was a great tonic. Thanks Joan & Gerry (P.S. I am tempted to put Gerry's picture on the 'blog' - you know, the one where he's wearing your pink filly pants on his head, for 'Breast Cancer Day'. Ok, maybe not, I want to remain friends.