Sunday 30 November 2008

Company & comfort - Friday 28th Nov. 2008

Feeling much better by mid morning and Graham is cooking lunch for my Sissy Pat and brother-in-law Michael (Mike).

I shall expand a little - I have two sisters and a brother. Pat is the eldest, she is very special and loved by many including me. We laugh a lot and share each others problems, sometimes even sensing that something is wrong before we even know it - quite spooky at times. We often remember our childhood and Pat likes to remind me of the hours she had to spend tickling my back and singing silly songs. Also the time I walloped her on the shin with a poka, sorry Pat. Her favorite story though is the one involving my love for making dolls clothes and the time I cut a piece of red leather from the lining of Mums beautiful coat. Funnily enough I don't remember the telling off, maybe i was unconscious.

Pat has always been a 'mother figure' and her and Mike have a lovely family - three girls and two boys, Julia, Andrew, Helen, Dawn and Adam. All my nieces and nephews deserve a big thank you, they have all come up trumps for me since diagnosis, each one supporting me in their own special way. Currently their is a sponsored 'head shaving' to take place on New Years Eve. Thanks Dawn, and thanks to James (hubby) for allowing her to cut off her beautiful hair. Helen is the craft queen and has been busy making things to sell, including some super little knitted 'Breast Cancer Ribbons' - fab!

Julie - Oh lovely lady, it only seems like yesterday since you toddled around the farm at North Duffield delighting in the new lambs. You now have a great family, Dave with his natural ability to cook superb meals and Emily who is a real credit to you both. I like many others love being with you, especially when you've baked (is that cupboard love).

Andrew and Adam = Can't leave you boys out of course. I've been equally impressed by your kind words and thoughts. I know how difficult it is for you boys to relate to this kind of thing, but you've been really great and I've appreciated your communications, even if most of them have revolved around my appearance in the next 'Alien' film.