Sunday 27 December 2009

Thurs 24th Dec. 2009 Christmas Eve!


'Roo, Me & Mr Sowman'
Well it really snowed last night and it looks like we'll have the first 'White Christmas' for some time. I wasn't happy this morning as I knew we had to get to Roo and Gor's and the snow is worse over there. Also I was still suffering from effects of the anaesthetic, my brain and legs didn't seem to want to work together.

Despite this, we loaded up and decided to set off mid morning before the snow came again. It was a pretty good journey despite my fears and I enjoyed the scenery in a slightly 'ga ga' state! My scars were beginning to come to life, so I was grateful for the pain killers and diclofenac.

We did have to dig out the drive to get in, but otherwise it wasn't too bad and I felt really happy to be there and to put the last few weeks behind me. It will be so different to last year when I can honestly say I thought I wouldn't see another Christmas, I felt so ill.