Friday 18 December 2009

Fri. 18th Dec. 2009 'Hereptin & Citramag'

Finished work on Wednesday after three very busy days. Also started the colonoscopy prep on Wed, which meant two days on a very bland and boring diet (low residue). Herceptin yesterday, which went OK and today it's fluids only plus some delightful stuff called 'Citramag' which has to be taken at specific times. I think I'll be wrecked by Sat night, but I'm determined to enjoy the Strictly Final with Joan.

We woke up to snow this morning, so I got up briefly to make up the first packet of powder. Mixing the boiling water with the powder made me feel as though I was taking part in some 'Magic Show' or 'Macbeth', it has a really dramatic reaction which causes it to hiss loudly, producing a white cloud (good job I followed the instructions and mixed it in a large jug). Anyway, it's one down and one to go. I'm already feeling the effects which are not very pleasant. It's going to be tough 24hrs and I sincerely hope we can get through the snow to York tomorrow, because there's no way I'm repeating this process!