Friday 11 December 2009

Frid 11th Dec. 2009 'Christmas Shopping'

I feel as all I've done this month is go to appointments, backwards and forwards to York. They're all either necessary or requested, but it did start to get me down this week and having given it some serious thought I decided to cancel the CBT. The thought of going was beginning to add more stress to my overloaded brain, plus having tried to do my 'homework' from the first session, I couldn't see how it was going to help me get my life back on track.

I think also, the fact that I'm now being taken more seriously regarding my stomach problems, has helped me to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel (that sounds funny knowing that I'm going for a colonoscopy). Joking apart though, if that can be sorted, I'm sure everything else will fall into place.

So, I've called this 'Christmas Shopping' because I've been to order mine today. I had my follow up appointment with Mr MJ, my breast surgeon. He's such a sweetie, with a good sense of humour. We both marvelled at the great job he's done. Surprisingly, he says he can reduce the 'puckering' under my arm, which I thought I would have to live with. Also, in the new year, he will arrange for me to have some fat removed from somewhere (plenty of choice) and injected into the top part of my breast where it has drooped bit. How wonderful is that?

Last but not least, I will be having a new nipple reconstructed on 23rd Dec. - my Christmas present! Happy Christmas Lesley :-)