Monday 28 December 2009

Mon. 28th Dec. 2009 'Post Christmas'

I feel like a walking disaster at the moment. Yesterday, my operation sites were very sore and despite a fairly quiet day, I felt really fatigued again. Friend Allan came for dinner and I cooked a piece of pork, roast & mash, plus veg etc. It was all very relaxed, but just before bedtime, I commented to Graham that I felt a bit off balance. We'd just got into bed when I was aware of the fullness and slight disorientation which usually precedes a vertigo attack.

I took some Stemetil immediately and sat very quietly until it wore off enough for me to be able to lay down. I fear Vertigo attacks so much as they make me so ill, but usually I only get one every couple of years often triggered by a build up of stress and increased tinnitus. Fortunately I woke up several hours later and it seemed to have settled.

So this morning I just felt a little spaced and managed to stay in bed till 9a.m. which is really late for me. My Son Joe was coming for dinner, so I laid the fire, but as I put some logs down, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Consequently I've been hampered all day and afraid to bend down, pick anything up or sit for too long. See - walking disaster! I blame the fragility of my lower spine on the surgery too, I know how much you get pulled around in there. Anyway, I'm hoping for better things tomorrow.

Note: I got weighed this morning and despite 'over-eating' like everyone else, I still seem to have lost weight. I was 10st 5lb, which means I've now lost 2stone. I'm not complaining at the moment as I know I look quite good, but I hope it's going to stabilise soon.