Tuesday 3 November 2009

Tues. 3rd Nov. 2009 'Peaks and troughs'

Is it time for Skye yet?
It's been a week since my last blog and until today I actually felt I was making progress. My McMillan Support Nurse has made my CBT referral and she has also referred me to the breast cancer physiotherapy dept. as despite doing exercises since day one, I seem to have hit a brick wall with my arm and range of movement. I've tried stretching it gently, but this just results in the muscle in my back and down my surgery side going into an uncomfortable knot!

I've had a letter from Prof D, my Oncologist inviting me to make a private appointment to discuss the Herceptin treatment and my Herceptin dose has been adjusted to take into account my weight loss. So at least I feel as though I have something to hang on to and people to listen!

I'm not sure what happened today. I do know that I am a little fragile in terms of coping with work issues and I can feel my anxieties rise when too much comes at me, or people, in this instance a Manager and HR, want to 'pass the book'. Whenever there's a tricky situation they seem to want to throw it at the OH Nurse and run a mile. Well, I managed to stay civil with those involved, but I was so angry inside that I could have come home and written my notice.

Physically my stomach hasn't been too bad, but my treatment is due on Thursday, so it will be interesting to see if that has an effect. I currently have a sore mouth and very sore nose, something I also mentioned last week. I could understand it if I was on chemotherapy, but we can't figure out why this is happening?

The pain near my sternum is still there intermittently and I've had a burning pain in my left side along my ribs. I'm sure they're nothing to worry about, but I still do and I guess I'm going to worry about every new pain for the next few years until I get the 'all clear'.