Tuesday 10 November 2009

Tues. 10th Nov. 2009 ' A 'wee' problem'

Been back to the Doctors this morning. Saturday I noticed some abnormal bleeding when I went for a pee. Fortunately I have 'labstix' and was able to dip stick a sample, only to find it showed Haemoglobin. OK, I thought, what's going on here, bearing in mind I went through the menopause about twelve years ago. I've had a UTI (urinary tract infection) before and that's usually accompanied by urgency, burning, shudders etc., but I don't have any of these, so I'm wondering why. It happened again yesterday, so I booked an appointment for this morning.

I took a sample with me, which my Doctor tested and confirmed that both Haemoglobin and Leukocytes are present, so it's possible there's an infection going on somewhere. I had the option of being 'fast tracked' to urology, or trying antibiotics first, so I chose the latter. I've got another appointment for Monday, so fingers crossed. I'm on holiday next week and now have three appointments to attend, so I don't think we'll be going far. I am however looking forward to a break, just chilling out, doing some Christmas shopping and getting my anxiety levels down a bit.