Wednesday 18 November 2009

Wed. 18th Nov 2009 'Rain, Railways and Rubbish'

Rubbish - that's how I'm feeling today. Stomach started cramping when I was half way to York (on my way for my first physio assessment). I really struggled and only just made it to the Hospital toilets.

The Physio went really well, bearing in mind I was convinced she would think I was just being a wimp. Apparently the muscles under my arm and in my back are very hard and not sliding across each other as they should. They need a little bit of manipulation and some specific exercises, to help them free up. I should only need a couple of sessions and if today was anything to go by, it should feel much better in a few weeks.

I managed to get through the appointment, but had to make another dash before leaving the department. It really is very worrying not knowing why or when this is going to happen as it's not just urgent, it's desperate . I get cold, feel nauseous and my mouth and eyes are dry following a bad episode like today, then I'm wiped out for the rest of the day. I'm seeing my Oncologist privately tomorrow, so maybe he can shed some light on this and numerous other questions I have lined up for him.

I took this week off to re-charge my batteries, but to be honest it's been crap so far. It's rained non stop and my shopping plans have been 'dashed' thanks to our 'useless rail network' which grinds to halt at the slightest problem.