Monday 29 June 2009

Mon. 29th June 2009 'week two'

Will be visiting my site at Rotherham this week and talking to the girl who's been keeping things ticking over for me. I think it will be a good confidence booster to see colleagues and be in my own office again. It will also feel more like I'm back at work too, although I'm really appreciating the time to read e-mails, documents and general BOC news. One bit of sad news is that my good pal Joan is taking redundancy after 35yrs and I'm gutted that she won't be there when I go back. Joan has been such a good friend and brinsworth will feel very lonely without her. Also, who's going to hold the vomit bowl if I have another vertigo attack. Thanks Joan, I wish you every good thing in life and we will keep in touch.

Physically I'm feeling a bit frustrated as things still don't look or feel very good. No pain now, but a discomfort that is hard to put into words and still restricts many of my daily activities and frequently disturbs my sleep. I'm doing exercises every day and would like to start jogging, but that really inflames the muscles, so I'll have to wait a little longer.

I bought some special bra's recently and my sister gave me some soft support tops, both of which I can wear for most of the day now. The only thing I'm conscious of now is only having one nipple! Would be ok if it was winter, but now it's really warm and I want to wear t-shirts, I think it looks a bit odd and I'm convinced people are staring at me in the street. I'm definitely going for nipple re-construction in Dec, but until then I may have to purchase a false one. Apparently they're trendy at the moment!

Should document the fact that my stomach/bowels are not good at the moment and it does worry me a little. My appetite is not as good as it used to be either and while I like being a size 14, I don't want to lose any more weight. I have my Herceptin this Thursday, so I will mention my concerns then.

Lots of people have been running and fund raising in my name and I feel very humbled by their thoughts and efforts. Thanks everyone.