Monday 15 June 2009

Mon. 15th June 2009 '....and finally'

Very mixed feelings today. I've just been to see my GP, who is lovely by the way, to ask for a return to work certificate. I plan to start a very gradual return next Monday 22nd. It is my decision as I really need to take the next step now. However, I have to confess I'm filled with dread, mixed with excitement and a touch of raw emotion at times. Dread at the fear of failing or not coping, excitement at seeing friends and colleagues and feeling a part of a valued team. The emotion - well, I'm not sure where that comes from, maybe thoughts of what has happened since October, the wonderful love and support I've had, plus the knowledge that I have another chance at life and being with my wonderful husband and children.

I will continue to update my blog periodically as it's become a real friend and a form of therapy.