Monday 22 June 2009

Mon. 22nd June 2009 'Back to Work'


I want to start this entry by saying CONGRATULATIONS and a huge THANK YOU to my daughter Roo and Viv (Gordon's Sister)who completed the Jane Tomlinson 10k run in Leeds yesterday. I feel inspired to get fit now and who knows I may even manage a marathon myself next year.

So, back to work today, well technically anyway. I was feeling fairly relaxed when I got up this morning, I slept well which always helps and I logged onto my work lap top about 08.30a.m. Just as I feared the VPN connect wouldn't recognise my password and I had to ring the IT people in India. This actually went well, but I could feel my stress levels rising.

We had a Telecon which lasted and hour and a half, during which I felt decidedly inadequate. I feel as though I've lost four years of knowledge and experience, it's like being the new girl. However, it was good to talk to everyone and I'm looking forward to our team meeting in August. The only other problem I encountered was holding my mobile phone for 90 mins or more, it really makes my shoulder ache so I'll need a headset.

That's it for now and I'm optimistic.