Thursday 4 February 2010

Thurs. 4th Feb. 2010 'Prayer for Baby Isaac'

This blog has always been a diary of my journey through the nightmare of cancer diagnosis, treatment and, fingers crossed, full recovery. From time to time however, there are moments or events which impact greatly on life in general and result in quiet contemplation.

The birth of little Isaac on Monday 1st was one such moment. Isaac is the first Grandchild on Graham's side of the family and we were all really excited. Sadly he needed to be ventilated from birth due to an oxygen/metabolic problem and he remains very poorly.

We went to see him today, tiny helpless, sedated and hooked up to various tubes and wires. Mum and Dad (James & Lisa) are devastated, but doing their best to be strong. They have now discovered that he has an AVM (anterior venous malformation I think), which in simple terms means he has an enlarged vein in his brain. It felt so unfair and there's little you can say to make it better for anyone. I did however avoid telling them to 'stay positive'!

Hang on in there little man!

As for me, I've received my appointment for a CT scan - next Friday 12th.