Friday 26 February 2010

Fri. 26th Feb. 2010 'Back on line'

Haven't been able to blog since last Saturday evening when a 'nice young man' parked his Nova in a neighbour's hedge back and demolished the telegraph pole. Not only did it knock out the land line and Internet, it also affected my iPhone, such a pain.

Anyway, to update, I went to the Nuffield for the results of my CT scan on Tuesday and everything looks normal. It would appear that my suspicions have been right all along and my bowel problems are due to spasm or IBS, exacerbated by anxiety. One source of anxiety is travelling to a site with poor toilet facilities. So, I've been prescribed Loperamide to take the night before I have to travel and I'll take Merbentyl 3 times daily. It's hoped that with the medication, things will gradually settle back to normal.

Interestingly the Consultant did not think I should stop having the Herceptin and still maintains the view that it is not responsible for my bowel problem.