Friday 12 February 2010

Fri. 12th Feb. 2010 'CT Scan of horror'

I've been so moved by all the prayers and good wishes as a result of my recent blog entries - they were all passed on and I thank everyone on behalf of Lisa, James & of course baby Isaac who was laid to rest this morning.

CT Scan - YDH. Drank 1000mls of "Klean Prep' which tastes like a mixture of ice-cream that's gone off, mixed with paint thinner (not that I've tried paint thinner). Once on the scanner table I was subjected to several very distressing attempts to site a cannula. The last attempt, which was carried out by the 'unit Doctor', was frankly the most incompetent, ham fisted, painful attempt I have had to go through since this whole damn thing started. I think I nearly broke the nurses fingers and felt like planting my knee in this so called Doctors private bits.

Why are they so poor at this, they must have to do it quite often and I'm definitely not the first person with post chemotherapy invisible vein syndrome! Anyway, the upshot was that they gave up, so I had a 'lesser' scan than I should have, which won't be quite as effective at picking up any problems. Well tough, 'cos I ain't going back for another!