Thursday 22 October 2009

Thurs. 21st Oct. 2009 'A day to remember'

Jen, me and Graham (Roo taking picture) at Kings Cross Stn.
What a day, in fact what a week. Work wise it's been extremely busy and not without it's stresses. I finished at lunchtime yesterday and then worked from home for a few hours. I had to ring two employees, both of whom I know and both of whom have terminal cancer. I found it extremely difficult and very draining, in fact I had a good cry afterwards.

So today was special, but I have been really nervous about it, worrying that it would all go wrong, the trains would be cancelled, the show would be cancelled etc, etc. It's the 'catastrophising' again and it can almost ruin an experience. Anyway, I'm happy to record that it went without a hitch. We arrived on time, managed the underground and found the 'Victoria Palace' in time to see the most stunning, fantastic show I have ever seen (not that I've seen many).

Billy Elliott is awesome, the sets, the acting, the singing....I cried every time they started dancing, and I think Graham did in places. I reckon I've converted him to musicals, at least live ones. We were shattered when we got back to Kings Cross and I sent a text to Roo, who had also been in London with Jen, having won tickets to Adam and Joe's live gig, only to find they were in the station too, so we were able to have a hug and a laugh about our respective days.

I have to say I'm relieved to be home now as I developed the familiar stomach cramping and sudden need for the loo just before boarding the train and didn't have any tablets - (note to self - "must carry tablets at all times").

Anyway - it was fab to finally see the show and to share it with my husband, who I have to say was the best looking man around - definitely 'a day to remember'.