Friday 31 July 2009

Fri 31st July 2009

Nothing major to report this week, which is good I suppose. I've visited two sites and worked at home the other three days. Work wise I'm getting back on top of things, at least I'm having to as there's no one else in my area and new referrals and problems come in every day. I have always really enjoyed the 'case management' side of my job, yet this is the part I find most difficult at the moment.

Lack of stamina and a tendency to experience a sudden drop in energy levels can be frustrating, sometimes I can't even be bothered to think, I just want to sleep. I'm trying to increase my exercises as the scar lines are still quite lumpy and uncomfortable. I can now get my left arm up to the 'ten to' position and hopefully in another couple of months I'll have full movement.

Bruises are fading, I haven't spoken to anyone yet about the Herceptin. I've done plenty of reading and it doesn't really help. I don't really want to ring the cancer support nurses as it would seem as though I'm whining and feeling sorry for myself. On the other hand, there are some questions relating to my cancer and the need for Herceptin which I would like to know. I will give it further thought!