Friday 17 July 2009

Fri 17th July 2009 - 'Back in the saddle'

The end of my first week back in the saddle. It felt strange going into Rotherham on Tuesday and the further from home I got, the more anxious I felt. However, I soon settled in and spent most of the day 'spring cleaning' so I could have a fresh start. It was great to see everyone and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people have been following my blog.

I also made a trip to Scunthorpe, which felt very comfortable. It's a small site, but I enjoy going because it's friendly and not too far to travel. Also I look forward to a coffee and a catch up with my friend Bernie.

Today I found a little stressful. Work is beginning to come in and much of it is hard to defer, plus I don't like letting people down. I've got two site visits a week planned, two days of First Aid & Cryogenic Burns training, plus I'm hoping to drive to Guildford for our Team Meeting in a few weeks. My tinnitus is louder, which is probably due to some anxiety and I do worry about having another vertigo attack, but I'm sure I will settle into it all in a few weeks.

Physically things are looking good. My weight is stable, even though my appetite isn't quite what it was. Range of movement in my left arm could be better, but I keep doing the exercises at least twice a day. By evening it is a bit uncomfortable, but a decent nights sleep seems to settle things down again. I'm beginning to think I may need some 'tweeking' by the end of the year (Consultants word, not mine) as the reconstruction is going to end up slightly smaller. I go back on Dec. 11th to discuss this and my progress.