Tuesday 8 September 2009

Tues 8th Sep. 2009 Herceptin No6



More Holiday pics

No call last night and by 10.30a.m. this morning I was convinced nobody was coming, so I called the Clinical Manager and left a message on her answer machine. Twenty minutes later I got a call re-assuring me that someone would be coming to do my treatment around 3.30p.m.

It was Andrew who came and he admitted that I hadn't been on the list, so my suspicions were confirmed. The thing is, I wasn't going to ring this morning as I sort of knew they'd screwed up and I was cross. My attitude was that if they didn't turn up and I needed to start again with the 'loading dose', I would tell them 'no thanks'. Fortunately Graham persuaded me to check, but I'm still cross as it just adds 'insult to injury' as far as I'm concerned.

Andrew is very nice, but he does seem to struggle to site the cannula. first attempt looked good but then it started to balloon, so no good. Second attempt was patent, but very painful at first. Ah well, that's another one over.