Thursday 24 September 2009

Thurs. 24th Sept. 2009 'Herceptin No7'

All went as planned this time and as an added bonus it was the nurse who did my first treatment. She is just a 'breath of fresh air' and her relaxed, professional manner puts me at ease. Cannulated at the first attempt, plus she asks a lot more questions and is genuinely interested in helping with any problems or side effects.

I've mentioned some 'new' intermittent pain to my lower left rib and on my sternum, a burning type pain, sometimes nagging, sometimes sudden. She thinks I should mention it to my Oncologist, but I'm sure it's just muscle and nerve pain.

I'm tired today after two days of work travel and I know the Herceptin will flatten me for a couple of days, but otherwise all is well. I've managed to alter a couple of skirts and a dress which I'm loathed to give to charity, but I think I'll have to treat myself to some new items. I'm also parting with some of my shoes as I'm finding that certain styles give me pain across the base of my toes. I suspect it's due to arthritic changes as my fingers and the base of my thumb are the same and exacerbated by cancer treatment.