Tuesday 15 September 2009

Tues. 15th Sept. 2009 Sadness and Admiration

'Mr Robin' by Graham.

First words I heard this morning on the clock radio were that Patrick Swayze had died. I felt really sad, but he made the most of his life and stayed so strong right till the end. Thank you Patrick for your inspirational dancing skills and two of my all time favorite films 'Ghost' and of course 'Dirty Dancing'.

Today was only my second day back at work after the holidays. Yesterday was awful and I came home from Scunthorpe feeling completely wiped out and unable to hold even polite conversation with Graham. I just couldn't seem to get my head around the hundreds of e-mails, plus we had a very long tele-conference which I struggled to follow. However, today has been better and I've managed to make some headway in prioritising the work.

One thing that has become obvious since my Herceptin last week, is that the treatment definitely increases my feelings of anxiety and triggers the Irritable bowel problems. I should have received an appt. for a follow up echo cardiogram last month, but it seems to have been forgotten, so I've spoken to Prof. D's secretary and I'm waiting to see what happens. I have however received an appt. for a mammogram on the 8th October, ironically a year to the day since I was diagnosed, lets hope it's a better outcome this time.