Tuesday 18 August 2009

Tues. 18th Aug. 2009 'Keeping on top'

The last few days have been quite difficult for several reasons. Last weeks journey took it's toll and the fact that I was tired prior to my Herceptin treatment has resulted in me experiencing some of it's side effects, mainly fatigue and flu-like symptoms. I've also had an ulcer on my uvula (clacker) and an upset stomach. Second time lucky with the cannula, but first attempt left me with a painful haematoma on the back of my hand.

Quite apart from that I'm still feeling some confusion and pressure in relation to work, which continues to come in thick and fast. My blood results were ok, which I expected, so now I have to decide whether I want to access some counselling and how I'm going to manage my work load without 'crashing' and not coping. Fortunately we have a holiday coming up and that may well be the break I need to re-charge my batteries.