Monday 24 August 2009

Mon 24th Aug. 'Five more sleeps to Cornwall'

Yes I'm counting down the days now to our holiday, just need to confirm dog sitting arrangements, so I can relax. Relaxing, now that's something I haven't done for nine months. Even when I'm supposed to be relaxing my brain is working overtime. Last Friday I felt as though I was going to explode after a day at work when it seemed as though the number of things I had to remember and my ability to keep everyone happy became a big 'mush'.

After an hour or so at home 'winding down' things were more in perspective and I did enjoy the weekend especially the opportunity to have a little informal 'counselling' over a coffee and doughnuts with Graham and good friend Allan.

Well I have taken a step forward by informing my Manager that I'm struggling and I spent an hour today filling in an on-line research questionnaire all about long term sickness and how my 'return to work' was dealt with.

Today was my last opportunity to speak to the 'Breast Cancer Support Nurses' about arranging some CBT, but after some thought I made the decision to re-assess this when we come back from holiday. I think in my mind a good rest away from everything will give me the mental and physical energy to keep going and to plan my work activities in a more sensible manner. I realise it won't get rid of some deep seated anxieties and I suspect I may still need some support.