Thursday 13 August 2009

Thur. 13th Aug. 2009 'Post Guildford Tm Mtg.'

Left to right - Fiona, Sally, Margaret, Laura, Anne, Alan, Steph. (Me in second pic)



Feeling a little jaded this morning, but at least I'm home safely from Guildford. It was wonderful to see my colleagues (my buddies) and to feel part of the team again, although I must confess at times I felt as though I was standing outside the circle looking in! We had two busy days and I've got lots of new stuff buzzing around my head. We also had a super evening out at 'Bell & The Dragon' in Godalming (worth a visit if you're down there). Alan (Dr Davis) was on form with his numerous stories of past experiences and people in BOC. I was sitting next to Laura, she's our new Admin support and worth her weight in gold. Laura comes from South Africa, so it was great to share memories of our time in Swaziland.

Set off back at 14.40p.m. yesterday and arrived back at 19.10p.m. It was a reasonable journey, but I do find it difficult at the moment, my confidence is quite low and it's physically uncomfortable. Everyone keeps telling me how good I look, and that's really important to me, but outward appearances are often hiding many underlying issues, both physical and psychological. I try not to go on about them too much, because generally people want to hear that all is well. However, this blog is meant to be a record of my journey (yes I hate the expression too, but it fits), and I think it's important to note the severe bouts of diarrhoea, which I believe is IBS. I have also developed a dry itchy rash across my lower back around the spine, which I've no doubt is anxiety related.

I need to ring for my blood results this morning and consider my next move, which may be some CBT. I've got my third Herceptin treatment today too and I can feel my stomach churning at the very thought. Anyway, onwards and upwards, better log on to my work lap top and catch up on e-mails etc.

By the way, I didn't explain the 'Flying Ants' label on my last post. It was simply because I visited my Sister on the day that they all take to the air briefly and then shed their wings - uuuugh!